The Ear, Nose and Throat specialty – also called otolaryngology – deals with disorders and conditions of the ear, nose and throat, as well as related areas of the head and neck. Specialists in this field are called ENT Physicians or Otolaryngologists.
Superior Med in Cambridge, Ohio has a team of ENT specialists available for patients with problems that affect their ears, nose or throat. Contact us at 740.435.2350 to schedule an appointment.
What does an ENT specialist do?
The board-certified ENT physicians at Superior Med have graduated from medical school, completed five or more years of specialty training and passed a certification examination for the American Board of Otolaryngology. Our specialists have expertise in the medical and surgical management of numerous conditions, including:
- Ear conditions – You may need to see an ENT doctor in Cambridge if you have an ear disorder like hearing loss, ear infections, balance disorders, tinnitus (or ringing in the ears), and ear pain. ENT specialists in Cambridge also specialize in congenital disorders (conditions you were born with).
- Nose conditions – Our ENT doctors manage and treat conditions that affect the nose, sinuses and nasal cavity. Such issues might impact breathing and smell, as well as physical appearance.
- Throat conditions – Throat disorders and conditions can affect speech, eating swallowing and digestion. ENT specialists in Cambridge diagnose, manage and treat such problems.
- Head and neck conditions – The knowledgeable ENTs at Superior Med are trained to manage tumors, diseases and trauma of the neck, head and face. They can also perform reconstructive and cosmetic surgery in these areas. Your ENT team in Cambridge can even manage problems with nerves that control sight, smell and facial movements.
Many of our ENT specialists at Superior Med have completed extensive training in a subspecialty of otolaryngology, such as:
- Pediatric otolaryngology (specializing in ENT problems in children)
- Rhinology (specializing in the nose and sinus cavity)
When should you see an ENT specialist?
Common conditions that might require the care of an ENT specialist include:
- Injuries to your ears, nose or throat
- Nerve problems in your ears, nose or throat
- Growth in your ears, nose or throat
- Ear, nose or throat birth defects, like cleft palate
- Ear infections
- Chronic sore throat/hoarseness
- Tonsil or adenoid infections
- Swimmer’s ear
- Pain in your ears, nose or throat
- Breathing problems
- Down’s syndrome
- Sinus problems
- Problems with smell
- Deviated septum
- Nose bleeds
If you’re dealing with problems that affect your ears, nose or throat, ask your primary care physician at Superior Med in Cambridge, OH if our ENT team can help. Contact us at 740.439.0733 to schedule your ENT appointment now!